Bonjour! (Or should I say, Hej, goddag?) This week’s carte postale comes from Solvang, a Danish village located in California’s Central Coast wine country, just north of Santa Barbara.
My family and I spent a weekend in the little town in 2014. On the way over there, I recall suddenly feeling under the weather. Fortunately, I was still able to enjoy the following in Solvang:
- Breakfast at Olsen’s Danish Village Bakery
- Æbleskivers (pancake balls) from Solvang Restaurant
- Hans Christian Andersen Park
- Sunny Fields Park
- Big red clog in front of the Solvang Shoe Store
- Feeding ostriches at Ostrichland USA in nearby Buellton
- Jule Hus, a year-round Christmas store
- The Mystic Merchant (At the time, I was exploring the healing qualities of crystals and gemstones. I wrote a post about it here.)
For more information:
Until the next Wednesday Postcard, à bientôt!
Tell me in the comments below: Have you been to Solvang or other themed towns? If so, which one(s)?