[Note: Voting has ended. The winner will be announced on the show on June 30, 2021!]
Congratulations to the French village of Hérisson, which has been named one of 14 finalists in the 2021 edition of Le Village Préféré des Français, the FRANCE 3 show hosted by historian, Stéphane Bern!
Since the program is called France’s Favorite Village, it sounds like only residents of France and France’s overseas territories are allowed to vote by phone.
But… there’s also a link to the ballot, so it appears everyone can vote! See below:
✅ Vote here: Le village préféré des Français (Note: voting ended on March 25, 2021.)
If everyone can vote, then I’d absolutely cast my vote from California for Hérisson, the charming medieval village in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. It’s located in the heart of France, which is fitting because when you visit the tiny village, it will simply win your heart! ❤️
Fun facts about Hérisson 🦔
- About 600 people currently live in Hérisson
- The feudal Château d’Hérisson (above) was built between the 11th – 13th centuries and restored by Louis II of Bourbon in 1380
- The Aumance river calmly meanders through it
- Hérisson is a popular summer vacation spot, especially among families, hikers, and bicyclists
- The oak trees from nearby Tronçais Forest are used to make wine barrels
How to get there: Hérisson can be reached by car or by connecting bus from the Montluçon rail station.
The winning village will be announced during the broadcast of the show on June 30, 2021.
Bon chance, Hérisson!
Have you been to Hérisson? Tell me in the comments below!